Ultimate Race Goals
Some people set time goals for races wanting to PR – set personal records – for each race. I’m just happy I can run. The day I ran a mile without stopping I was hooked and knew I’d run 1,000+ more.
- A race for the March of Dimes
- 3 Day Walk for Breast Cancer
- Tufts 10k for Women – I was supposed to run this two years ago but was injured.
- Any race in NYC, or lots of races in NYC.
- A Santa Run (source)
- Any Race in Spain…except the running of the bulls. That’s just nuts. (source)
- Hilton Head Island Half Marathon – Some of my family lives here and it would be great to run a race they could watch.
- Stockade-a-thon – the pretty houses are enough to sign up.
As I struggle through Physical Therapy and run in the pool instead of on land I dream of my ultimate races.
- Bay to Breakers – Hills galore and an awesome distance at 12K
- Peach Tree Road Race – Running in the blazing Georgia heat on the 4th of July…why not?
- Garden of the Gods 10 Mile Race – I walked through the park each day of our trip but couldn’t run. I’d love to go back and run.
- Disney Princess Half Marathon – With a tutu like MizFit
- Flying Pig Marathon, Half Marathon or Relay. I’ll take any so I can say I ran the Flying Pig. Doesn’t that sound fun.
- A New Years Eve Race – I’ve already run a New Year’s Day so why not run at Midnight.
- Any Rock and Roll Race in the series. I was training to run Philly last year before an injury. But why not Arizona or Vegas.
- 1 Mile Road Race
- Boiler Maker 15K. I’d settle for the 5K but I’d love to run it with friends.
And the ultimate of ultimate.
- London Marathon…I have dreamed of this race since my first run.
My race list for this year is still up in the air but I love dreaming of all the races to add to my calendar and friends to run with. Now to actually register for a few when my ankle cooperates.
What is your dream race?