Unwind the Rubber Band
When I started exercising, I skipped out on the stretching – unless instructed by the DVD. It was boring, so I “forgot” to do so…even after I started running.
Now 10 years, and probably just as many injuries, later, I’ve learned a few things about the art of the stretch.
- Stiff as a board is is a game to play at sleepovers, not with sports. (Source)The older I get, the more I need to stretch. Otherwise I’ll be stuck.
- Don’t take touching your toes for granted. Seeing your toes is a blessing…touching them – especially after spinal surgery – is amazing.
- Kids have no bones. Okay maybe not but they can do thing I’ll never dream of…but it’s fun to try.
- Stretching makes all of life more fun. I’ll let you use your imagination.
- It’s time to unwind the rubber band. (source) Or rewind in a relaxing pose. (source)
- Sleep is better…or you have something to due during bouts of insomnia. Is it yoga or nap time?
- Grocery line yoga makes you look funny. So does tree pose in front of trees. (picture from Heather)
- Downward dog is a wonderful but it’s embarrassing when the real dog shows you up.