The last few weeks have been a maze of anxiety, illness and stress.
I’ve been lost without my normal coping skills. I typically run but I was ordered “no bouncing” by the doctor. My other coping mechanisms are unhealthy and I’ve worked too hard to correct them. This left me feeling alone.
Instead I found peace in quieting my mind and heart. I turned off Twitter and Facebook most evenings and rarely commented on blogs. Not because I don’t love my readers and chatting…it was just one more to-do added on the pile of stress.
Instead I went for a walk, read a book and took a nap. The silence for a even a bit was relaxing and provided a few moments peace to move forward.
I overviewed my goals for the last two weeks…and I’m still working on them. They aren’t something to turn on and off therefore I keep working on them.
This week’s goals are not to be measured. Instead they are to be enjoyed and further reduce stress.
This Week’s Goals:
- Take a bubble bath. Preferably with candles and music.
- Eat at home. Set the table, prepare a full meal and converse as a family.
- Take a family walk. The snow has cleared…the weather still has a chill…and the dogs are ready for a power walk to give us all a good workout.
- Sip tea with a good book. A nice cup of hot tea in a chair on the porch. I’ll need my snuggie but the fresh air and escape will do me well.
- Plan for my garden. Even if it never is planted, thinking of things to plant reminds me Spring is truly here and so are the fresh veggies.
- Do yoga. Even if it is an hour of savasana pose.
- Pray. Enough said.
- Write three positive things for every one negative thing I say about myself. My body image is in the toilet now and I will remind myself I am beautiful…and so are you.