Relearning + Goals
In 2005 I changed from burgers, Velveeta and extra dessert to food you see with exercise thrown in.
I read magazines, books, and journal articles on healthy eating and fitness to educate myself. This was a lifestyle change not a D.I.E.T.
Sometimes I think I know it all. Smooth sailing, right?
With any life-long goal there are slips, bumps and detours on the road. I’m living it now. In these times I’m reminded if you think you know the way there’s no shame asking for guidance …in fact it’s refreshing.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Increase Water Intake. This was the first step on my re-learning process. It was a success and helped with other steps. When I was properly hydrated I ate less. Sounds like I need to keep chugging…water.
- Dr. Appointments. I will say over and over that I’m blessed with my health insurance. My doctor’s are fantastic about getting me in and listening. This week brings some more needle sticks and such but I’m happy to be on the right path.
- Girls’ Nights Out. I forgot how much fun it was to just go out with friends for dinner and listen to live music. Such fun times and our waitress Moriah made ordering a breeze. I need to do this more often.
- Explore the gym. Hunni and the puppers seem to forget that my ankle is sore. Whacking it here, jumping on it there. All followed by a yipe to rival the dogs. I have a new (smaller) brace, went to the gym twice and even bowled. The gym is calling me though…I can hear it.
- Change up the food. I’m still sizing up the options I can eat but adventure is my new name. At least I have an EpiPen in case of emergency.
- A) I had a wonderful accountability partner this week. If someone else would like to trade food/exercise journals I’m up for a fresh set of eyes.
- B) I think I turned into a bushel of apples and any veggie dipped in hummus. I felt satisfied and healthy. Thank God for the warmer weather returning and bringing more with it.
- C) I had to come to terms with the fact that eating out is a part of my life. Work, busy days, etc. What I will not accept is a fridge full of food and sending Hunni out to pick up sushi. Now to experiment and give you great new recipes to try.
This Week’s Goals:
- 15 minutes of activity a day. Ala the lovely MizFit I want to get in 15 minutes of activity a day instead of saying I’ll do 60 minutes 3-4 days and end up skipping. Fifteen minutes isn’t so daunting and I usually stay a bit longer once I’m into it.
- Make Hummus. Usually I say things like “try new recipes” or “cook meals.” Nope this week I need to make hummus…pure and simple. I have 4 regular cans and one LARGE can of garbanzos that are waiting for some fun.
- Relax. Work sprung lots of things on me this week and not much time to do it. This will mean late nights and eating out and stress. I need to take time to relax each night and not freak about the remaining tasks. Reading, sewing, writing, music…anything.
- Lovely ladies. Friends abound, all around. Enjoying time with work friends and blends will make this crazy week a bit more relaxing.
- Record, record, record. What more can I say. Last week was a great start. This week needs to continue the trend.
- Reading & Learning. This post isn’t about relearning for nothing. I will become an expert on the things plaguing me and relearn the things I forgot. It’s the only way to keep my health.