Get your mind out of the gutter. I’m married, but this post is about something else. Come on, Momma reads the blog.
I’m talking about my nook.
Christmas I long gone but I’m loving my gift. Unlike childhood gifts tossed aside the next day – my nook is a constant companion.
My nook makes me more productive…at least that’s what I tell myself.
- Perfect hairstyling tool. I read while blow drying or curling my hair because it takes time. I’m normally a wash and go girl. When I do style my hair it’s great to get in a few more pages.
- Welcomed distraction on the bike or treadmill. On activate rest days I need a reminder to slow down. Instead of junk TV my nook helps me multitask.
- All recipe books in one. Nook-i.e. provide quick recipes searches and highlighting/bookmarking. In my kitchen the easy spill clean up is also a plus. My old recipe books satisfy whole meals if I ate the pages.
- Simple library download…for FREE!!!! Bonus tip: Trick the 14 day return policy by turning off the wi-fi –i.e. airplane mode. The book is available to others but you can take your time finishing.
- Hiding books. I don’t want to be seen reading some books ::cough:: Kendra Wilkinson’s Memoir, Bonk, etc. ::cough:: Nook-i.e. keeps them hidden from snoopers while traveling or in waiting rooms.
- Gateway drug to an iPad. I’m smart phone-less for a reason – i.e. broke – but accessing the internet from a wi-fi hotspots without bringing my laptop is nice. Surfing is great but tweeting is hard.
- Fits in my purse with all my other junk. Just look at the difference with just 3 books! Nook-i.e. has over 30 books on it now. While out I can flip between books or pick a recipe for dinner. Plus it saves my back from purse overload.
- Quick food references. When I forget my grocery list it’s a quick reference for recipes or my Gluten Free Guide. Save my butt…and stomach.
Extra Bonus: I chose a gorgeous cover…if I do say so myself. Most author’s can’t do that for their own books. I think mine is pretty awesome.
I love nook-i.e. and so does Leo.
Are you a fan of e-readers?