Lost Sock Bureau + Goals
*Your socks might come out of hiding if you enter my giveaway for the Mat & More DVD.
Entries close at midnight Thursday March 10, 2011. Check out this post for how to enter.*
I now know why the dryer steals half my socks.
It must know I’m accident prone. Instead of dirtying good socks, I’m wearing lonely socks I don’t have the heart to throw away. They seem so happy to be back on my foot.
*Yes I drew on them. The dryer won’t give the match back.*
My winter socks don’t mind having a second life with my air splint.
Double win…and I don’t have to buy tube socks my dad wears.
Thank you laundry stealer…but please don’t eat my favorite bra again.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Eat from the pantry. My brain forgot our trip to Boston Wednesday and my ankle didn’t cooperate either. Other than that my pantry was looking sparse and I was very happy for grocery shopping. I realized I need to make the same effort on regular basis instead of grab and go.
- Run outside. Uh, no go…for at least 3 weeks. I did enjoy the pretty sun on Friday.
- Pre-make breakfasts. Oatmeal has returned to me and veggie filled egg cups are fantastic. Still working on variety but happy not to be eating soup for breakfast.
- Plan my race calendar. I have plans I was going to share…but I’ll hold off for a bit. The 10K is still on and I have dreams of the Boilermaker. The rest we’ll wait and see.
- Measure and track. A few days yes, a few days no. Now we are back to yes. If I keep up this week (all week) I’ll reward myself with something fun like an immersion blender. Yes I consider that a reward.
- Be intentional. I’m working on it. My calendar is reorganized thanks to Rachel Wilkerson’s suggestions and my priorities are starting to reorganize including making time for a movie with Hunni. I enjoyed this week – sickness, injury and all – more than I have the last few. I’m intentionally living each day.
This Week’s Goals:
- Rest. My ankle, my body, my mind. Perhaps this injury is a blessing in disguise to slow down.
- Catch-up. I have several projects unfinished because “I don’t have time.” Now I have plenty of time…as long as I don’t get sucked into the computer. (Source) Instead I’m shutting down for at least 1 hour each night to work on them. I’m working on being intentional and part of that is balance.
- Find activity while injured. Running, Zumba and Boot Camp are not going to happen during the next few weeks. Instead I’ll work on my core and upper body. DVD’s are going to be my best friends.
- Check-it-off. The last few weeks have been crazy with work so my day-to-day tasks have taken a back seat. This week I WILL focus in the office and I WILL catch up. I hate being behind and it’s driving me nuts.
- Date Day. Friday Hunni and I are being intentional about date day. We waver some weeks when busy but this past week’s movie date reminded us we have fun with no phones, computers or anything. Just the two of us.