Move Forward + Goals
Yes, it was stressful this Holiday weekend. Yes, there were many things you wish didn’t happen or you could change. Stress is out of your control and you know it. You over ate and it really wasn’t an indulgence. Coping with food doesn’t lead to comfort…it leads to a sick stomach and Pepto Bismol. Quit dwelling on it (the food and the problems) and move forward. Moving forward will strengthen your day…dwelling on it will lead to more stress. Think about it, which avenue do you really want.
That’s what I thought. Record what you ate, take a deep breath, and move forward.
Last Week’s Goal’s:
- Work out 5 times this week. No all were formal structured organized. But I purposely broke a sweat doing work at least 5 times this week which is more than I can say for the previous week. It can only get better from here.
- Strength Training. No go. I realized that I was a bit ambitious in this idea. My schedule is too hectic to do formal strength training until later. But I am going to use the weights I have for basic movements. The real training will begin with Jenna in January…Rocky style. I’m buying my old grey sweat suit now
- Thanksgiving! Such a relaxing day. Can I order another of these? I loved sleeping in a bit, running the 5K and doing my 25 Simple Things project with Hunni to eat dinner. Oh and I saw Harry Potter 7 too. Now I’m even more excited to see how it ends (even though I’ve read the books).
- Reading. The puppers have thoroughly enjoyed this goal. Books and bed are their two favorite things. They made it their goal to distract me with cuteness while I read. I actually read an entire book this week and finished the one I have. This was probably my best goal all week. Now I need a list of “to-read” books. Recommend your favorite book.
- Christmas Cards. It’s looking a lot like New Year’s cards are coming. Okay that’s not quite true. We have a picture and what we want to say. I just need to print and address all of them. They will get done…I hope.
This Week’s Goals:
- Schedule important appointments. The casualty of this time of the year is that little things get pushed aside for all the big things. I have a few appointments I desperately need to schedule and they will get done this week…yes they will get done. (If I repeat it twice they have to, right?)
- Schedule 20 minutes of real workouts. Okay so I feel like I cheated myself last week by skipping a few of my “real” workouts for busy life. I can, and will, workout. I know little bits of workouts can add up. I do have the time and I can do this. How’s that for positive affirmations
- Christmas Gifts. I need to get back on the gift making train. I rushed to get the few done I needed early and then petered out. Time doesn’t slow down from here. So I need to keep it up and get the work done now so I’m not sewing through my finger on Christmas Eve
- Eat at home. We’ve done this for the most part. But with a few things this week we’ve slipped into the “what can we order quickly” mindset. I have a freezer full of food! No excuses this week. If we are home we eat at home…end of story.
- Connect with the outside world. An officer friend and I were talking about how lonely this time of year can be because of all the work and we tend to isolate ourselves to get it all done. That doesn’t work for me so I need to make the effort to connect with the outside world this week…even through email, gchat, Skype or phone. It will save my sanity.