Bird Seed, Jerky + Goals
This weekend was another conference. Unlike the others I’ve attended this one made an attempt at food I could eat. It wasn’t perfect but I’m not complaining because I could eat it instead of starving or suffering. One step up at a time
One thing that wasn’t provided was me friendly snacks. Hunni got a bag full of Cheetos, Doritos, Oreos and anything else that ends in –os I was left to fend for myself.
So I ventured into the great unknown…
Otherwise known as Maine Apparently Nuvi (my GPS) doesn’t know where the roads are and is very confused by rotaries.
Don’t worry Nuvi…most of New England doesn’t understand how to use them either. Eventually I found the health food store I’d been promised and purchased some things to try I’d never had. (Did you see that FTC? I purchased these and all opinions are my own.)
First up the Bumble Bar. I was intrigued because it was vegan and gluten-free. I don’t have Celiac Disease but I am sensitive to gluten. Besides look at the cute bee on the package. Don’t you want to try it?
Maybe not so much. Yes it looks like birdseed…and tasted like it too. I choked it down because I missed lunch getting lost in Maine. But I needed another snack to stop feeling like a humming bird. First I had to open the Vegetarian Jerky. That sucker was tricky.
Okay I’m in. Now the all important taste test. Close one eye and hope.
This was AMAZING! Thank you random guy who saw me picking it up and told me it was great. I was wary but it was so good I had to lick all the extra off my fingers.
Heck this food issue thing always leaves me trying new things. There are some hits and some misses. But without it I’d never know the joys of soy jerky (I hate real jerky) and the sorrows of eating like a bird.
What are some new snacks you’ve tried recently?
Now to the goals.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Record my food. This was harder than I thought. This week ran away with me and I ate out more than planned. I got my butt to a computer and tracked all my food. I was happy I made good choices and felt great. Keep it up Cynthia (yes, I’m talking to myself)
- Finish 2 craft projects. I don’t know how I did this. Oh yes I do…I stayed up late on Thursday to get them done so I could mail them out on Friday. I was determined to get these done. One was just in the nick of time.
- Finish 2 big work projects. I finished half a project. Okay this should be red because my schedule went out the window. This means I’ll have to be a speed demon in the office this week. Good thing we are closed on Thursday so I can finish the headache inducing math project. And no I’m not in HS…this project just feels like my calculus final.
- Maintain workout schedules. See above where schedule went out the window. I even packed workout clothes for our conference but the hotel gym was…SCARY!!!!! I was more afraid of hurting myself than not getting in a workout. Hey I got in plenty of walking around the hotel, up and down the stairs and at the outlets before we left of course.
- Macaroon Monday. Pizza Dough ready to go. Ready to go for meals this week. Yeast was still scary but I faced that fear. Now I need to make more this week to store in the freezer.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Glug, glug, glug. Tea by the pot full, water bottle chugged faster than my Brita can purify more water and even some sparkling water thrown in for fun. I think I am pretty hydrated…hold on I need to go to the bathroom again
This Week’s Goals:
- Date Days. Three days and counting until Armageddon…otherwise known as Christmas Kettles. As of Thursday my only full day off before Christmas will be Thanksgiving. So I’m making the best of these next three evenings. Dates with friends and Hunni alike will be enjoyed so that I’ll have great memories to hold me over
- Cookie Baking. I have my family traditional cookie recipe, new cookie cutters and a heavy marble rolling-pin…and I know how to use them. Hopefully it is to make cookies. If not the rolling pin will make a good weapon.
- Finish big work projects. Okay maybe just finish big projects that are due. I have a million big work projects all running simultaneously. But two are due this week so it is time to kick butt. I don’t turn things in late so I will be a task master this week.
- Exercise! Oh boy did I miss regular exercise this past week. I got in a little here and there but I missed sweating my butt off. I will be back at it this week and enjoying it…I hope.
- Planning. I’ve done a good bit of planning for Christmas before the I’m about to lose my mind stage hits. This week is the final push. A few more recipes to create, a blogging schedule, and to-do lists galore. I will be ready…I will!
- Sleep. I don’t sleep well at hotels and under stress. My doctor and I have a plan to help ensure I get some good rest these next few weeks so I stay healthy overall. This starts tonight (Sunday). Off to bed I go.