Grocery Therapy + Goals
It might be the lights, soft music, or massive amounts of food…but something about grocery shopping is so relaxing. I love new ingredients and cookie uh I mean cooking techniques to make food fun despite my issues. Sending Hunni to the store might lead to funny stories but often a return trip myself. Instead I enjoy grocery shopping. The list, the wandering through the aisles and planning new ideas. Today my grocery therapy included the possibility of appearing on What NOT to Wear. Yes I went to the store dressed like this…
Bring it on Stacey and Clinton because I bought all my ingredients to finish my Vegan Lime Coconut Cookies. While I was on a cookie roll I made a batch of Butternut Squash Muffins, Lentil Sloppy Joes and a few other things prepped ahead in my freezer. Oh and that black hoodie was soon covered in flour and spices. I might need to buy an apron. I promise I’ll look soon Rachel. Come back later this week for the cookie recipe.
I know I’m mean for not sharing but they are worth the wait. Trust me or you could trust Hunni my taste tester.
So how about some goals…it is Monday after all!
Last Week’s Goals:
- Stretch daily. Monday started amazing. Then Hunni shared his germs again. I spent a good bit of time in bunny footie PJ’s barely moving my toes. I did get some stretching in on the weekend but not very intentional. Big flop!
- Start simple blog posts. The upside to being sick…if there is an upside…is I had plenty of downtime. This rarely happens so plenty of work blogging was accomplished. I have lots of little drafts finished, started or outlined to make this coming busy season much easier. Yeah for less stress!
- Watch only 2 hours of TV a night. Laying on the couch for hours on end leads to TV. Sorry it’s true. I like the noise. I could have turned on the radio but Hunni was sick too and he preferred the Golden Girls and The Penguins of Madagascar. I learned a lot with these shows…Like ice cream can solve all problems and pie=good, poison pie=bad 😀
- Create a budget. See note on blogging getting done at the expense of work getting done. This includes budgeting. Big ooops! At least I purchased the Quicken program. It’s a start 😛
- Plan some time with friends. Planned and accomplished. I was not expecting this at all (reference the sickness). Technically some of it was accomplished Sunday prior to the goal officially being set because I was in the area and my friends are amazing! Then I saw Melissa when she wandered to my neck of the woods. And I have plans for a few more things. Friends are fabulous near and far.
Boy oh boy do my goals for last week look like Christmas. I’m not ready for Christmas yet. Perhaps I should change the colors for Halloween?
This Week’s Goals:
I’ll be out-of-town most of the week so my goals reflect this! Do I need to take a mirror with me?
- Plan meals out ahead. Oh boy…my nemesis. Eating out on work trips. I guess I need to get the hang of this soon because my work schedule isn’t changing. I’ve looked ahead at a few menus and know what I can handle. My snacks are packed. I think I’m ready to go…I think.
- Use the hotel gym at least once. Part of our traveling is at a hotel…fancy schmancy, I know. I’m packing workout clothes and I will hit the bike-to-nowhere at least once. I am also downloading some yoga for my hotel room. I tend to wake up early in hotels so sun salutations as the sun rises will be fun.
- Swimming!!!!! I found out that the YMCA is open today. Spectacular! I can some laps done in between errands. Perfect chance to try out my plan for cold weather swimming habits. There will be a blow dryer and/or hat involved. Ooo I have to add buying a cute hat to my list. I also foresee big fluffy towels.
- Pack ahead. I’m employing Heather’s outfit drawing scheme for packing this time. Sure I could count suitcase lifting as weight training but I’d like a chance to carry my own bag this time. Thank God I purchased many inter-changeable, light outfits recently to make packing super simple.
- Post Office. USPS is my friend this week. Normally all they give me is bills and junk. But this week I have some wonderful things coming and going. I’m super happy to go to the Post Office this time instead of dreading what bills I’ll find this week.
- Breathe! Yes I used a lot of exclamation points in this goals list. I have a lot to do with little time. I’m excited, scared and happy all at the same time. This means I need to breathe and just enjoy my week. No need to panic…fun is so much better…cue Exclamation points !!!!!!