I’ve been sick this week. 😦
For me sick means I should rest and get better…but I don’t. Lots of reasons are factored in this decision including work, feeding myself and Hunni, friends, oh and did I mention it’s Christmas season for The Salvation Army (otherwise known as extra work). No matter how tired, worn out and almost dead I feel, I seem to find energy to do things. I find energy to actually go places and cook…even if I don’t have much of an appetite. I must have an Energizer battery strapped to me somewhere.
Since I’m not a big fan of complaining about being sick and all I decided I’d take a cue from Katy and post some things I’m loving lately. I have tons of things I’m over the moon for and I thought I’d share. Here are my love notes to my favorite things…of the moment.
- Tea. Oh my marvelous tea shelf. You have been neglected almost all summer as I drank iced coffee and iced water. Now we’re reunited (and it feels so good). The joys of picking and choosing the flavors that will roll across my (sick) taste buds. Raspberry for a nice reminder of summer, Prince of Wales for memories of grandma, loose tea to play with my coffee tea press and finding fun things like Candy Cane, Sugar Cookie and Gingerbread I stashed away from last holiday season. You my lovely tea drawer make getting liquids so much easier.
- Snuggie. I don’t care what people say…you and I are best friends. When Hunni jacks up the AC in the summer because he’s “hot” you’re a perfect companion. In the winter you are so much better. I can wear you around the house like a wonderful queen cape and enjoy getting lost in your sleeves. Oh no you are not the snuggie As Seen On TV…you are the wonderful, plush, velvety snuggie purchased with found wedding gift cards. Probably the wisest purchase of them all (we won’t talk about the placemats that are merely used for photography). Thanks you for being the only wonderful red thing I own besides my Red Sox jersey…and right now we know THAT isn’t my favorite thing.
- New blogs. Oh so many of you…soooooooo many. I thought I was smart and cleaned up my GReader from all the blogs that have gone to the great blog graveyard and those I didn’t read anymore. Darn my twitter friends and other people for intriguing me with tweets and posts about things I should read. But alas you are wonderful. You made long nights on the couch eating crackers with apple sauce bearable instead of watching another marathon of Gangland (okay, so I watched that too…I’m addicted).
- #Fitblog Chat. My oh my, what did I get myself into. I so innocently signed up for a day that fit into my already hectic schedule. I was so excited and prepared to be the one asking questions instead of answering with you, all my wonderful #fitblog friends. Then I went to work on Monday nowhere near a computer. Oh my. Despite the craziness that doesn’t need to be relived you ladies and gentlemen made #fitblog wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! So welcoming and open and chatty. My Tuesday evening was full of fun as I interrogated chatted and shared with all of you. Now we can all wait with baited breath to see what @kwidrick has up her snuggie sleeves.
- Friends. Friends near and far are wonderful. You love me…you really love me. When I feel down on myself you love me. When I have fun news to share, you love me. When I come crawling back after messing up, you love me. You love me enough to email, call, set time out of your busy schedules to spend time with me. You are amazing and I’m so happy to call you friends. And for that I love you too.
Positivity and fun are so much more than the stress I put on myself. I hope you enjoyed my little love notes and can find the positive in your day.
What would you like to write a love letter to today?