“Real” Blogging Lessons
First off…Thank you so much for you concerns about my hands. They were fine by noon today and I was back at canning. More (mis) adventures ensued as I burned a batch of peach/pear jam so bad I had to throw out the pot. I bought a new one and think I might make more salsa tomorrow after the farmers’ market…Don’t worry Hunni bought rubber gloves this time 🙂
I hope you learned a little bit from my hilarious misery. Hunni and I are still laughing about it. I learn a lot from other bloggers I thought I should share. Some are the important facts you share about health, nutrition and fashion and some are just the little things I pick up on because I’m smart 🙂
- Fall kind of snuck up on me this year. Just the other day we turned on the AC and bemoaned another huge electric bill and today I was dressed like this…I did pretend to be a college student a few weeks back for fun, but it’s pretty bad when I have coffee with Emily and I blend in with all the actual college students at the coffee shop. Perhaps the two years I haven’t shopped for clothes – other than workout gear – leaves fall clothes that don’t fit and a lot of hoodies. Time to hit up Target!
- I think Heather tweeted it best…Yep that’s about right…except today…sorry Emily. 😀 Usually I pay more attention to my hair and clothes most of the time. Heck my clothes even match and yoga pants aren’t work clothes, most of the time.
- If I’m headed out to Target this must mean Starbucks…every single time. I’d had coffee at lunch leading me to try a new high maintenance order. Meghann had the perfect combination. *Note: High Maintenance is a compliment.* I gave it my own twist and ordered a tall soy awake tea latte with one pump of pumpkin spice. Yes I had to repeat it to the barista but at first smell we both agreed it was magic.
- I made my way to the dressing room after wandering aimlessly picking out cute things like boyfriend sweaters and layering t-shirts. It was then that I remembered I was still wearing my fluorescent green and blue stripes sports bra. Reminded me a lot of another bad bra incident. Tina was so right that a good bra makes all the difference. The clothes I picked look much better at home.
- Speaking of the clothes, Ashley was right. Picking outfits instead of random pieces worked better. Now I actually have outfits to wear. I’ll match and Tim Gunn will be proud.
- I started taking pictures with my living room light. Uh yeah… one bulb is burnt out and we haven’t changed it in 9 months. Ooops! I turned on the dining room light to help. Lauren was right that good lighting makes all the difference.
- I bought a few outfits for some upcoming fall blogger meet ups and was proud of myself. When I got home and remembered something I collected in college. Nope not shot glasses (well those too but that’s another story)…scarves. Caitlin had the most adorable scarf with her yoga clothes for Healthy Living Summit and I remembered the scarves I stashed away for a cold winter. No waiting this year…I dug one out for another option.Don’t mind the grimace…the camera was acting up. I love this scarf.
- While in Target I happened upon the Maternity section. Can anyone please tell me why all the cute clothes I wanted were in the maternity section? Uh…perhaps my other favorite Heather had it right. Maternity clothes are super comfy. Good thing I can quilt sew to fix the hem in the front since there is no baby to fill it out. 🙂
- Finally Leo might be slightly traumatized. Caitlin tweeted last night about testing Maggie for something with a mysterious link. Oh, if I hadn’t clicked that link he would be okay. Instead Allie convinced Hunni and I to test Leo. Good news, he passed the name and blanket towel test (he’s a little guy). Bad news, he and Peanut both failed the dog treat test miserably. They sat wagging their tails for their treats like normal. We laughed a bit (sorry but true) and then gave them the treats before leaving for Target. Since we arrived home he has been licking Hunni’s shirt randomly and barking at the camera while Hunni documented my fashion show. Sorry Leo…we love you.
What are some of the fun “lessons” you learn from bloggers?