Photo of the Weekend + Goals
So much happened this weekend but this picture sums up the craziness…
Yes, that’s me in an old school uniform for The Salvation Army. I was roped into participating in a skit which was fun but insane all at the same time. Something I’ll never forget.
While I try to forget let’s get back to something normal around here…Goals.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Send some postcards. Okay I’ll admit it…I cheated. I didn’t have time to write a single thing this week…I was sooooo busy. But I when I got home and wanted to pass out on my bed last night I saw the postcards on my side table. Quickly I stashed them on top of my to-do list for this morning and now they are off in the mail. They were technically done before I wrote this post so I’m counting this one done.
- Bloggity, Blog, Blog, Blog. New toys are fun! Rebecca and Heather are great teachers. I’m learning a lot and having a blast. I thought blogging was fun before, but now I LOVE IT! It’s so much easier when you have the right tools.
- Food stashing. I had all my food stashed and ready to go…but work wasn’t prepared for me to bring it…even though they told me to. Instead I ate out most of the weekend which means my stomach is off. This will be remedied before the next conference or I’ll freak. I just want to eat food that doesn’t make me sick. Is that too much to ask?
- Read and Relax. I’m such a word-nerd. I devoured The Elements of Style and I’m still going back over it until the library makes me return it. Also who knew that stories about the Afghan war could be so relaxing. I’m finally reading The Kite Runner and can’t get enough.
- Snuggle with the puppers. No walks in this neck of the woods, but plenty of snuggling. Hunni is off to pick up Peanut and Leo now so I can snuggle with them. I missed those fuzz balls even though we were only gone for three days.
This Week’s Goals:
- Get my leg in order. I walked this weekend, like I was told, but my calf did not appreciate it one bit. I can hear the muscle screaming at me right now. Tomorrow I think my doctor is going to silence it with a nice, big needle. That used to silence me as a kid. Hopefully the doc have some plans for getting my leg back in order because I’m hanging on but barely.
- ROAD TRIP! Heather and I are tripping this weekend…road tripping that is. We are off on a secret mission to have lots of fun. Trust me, lots…of…fun!
- Horton hears a quilt. The baby shower for one of my best friends is this Sunday. Uh… I have nothing done. This is a problem. She wants “Horton Hears a Who” colors so I’m picking out fabric tonight and hoping to not get my finger stuck in a needle while sewing like mad to get it done. Did I mention I’m crazy busy this week?
- Get in the pool. The pool was closed for maintenance in some of the worst heat of the summer. I don’t know whose bright idea this was but it should be ready to go by Wednesday and my hiney will be in it. I need the peace of swimming since it’s about the only thing my leg can tolerate. My new pretty pink swim cap will make me smile as I swim like a fish.
- Sleep. While I appreciated the beds and AC this weekend, they were a tad firm…heck they were hard as rocks and my back let me know this. I want to snuggle up in my bed, with my puppers, and read to relax after a hectic week. Naps might ensue.