STOP & think! + Goals
Some days are nose dive in the refrigerator days. Stress, anger, pain, sadness…all paths that lead to my kitchen. The fridge stocked with (mostly) healthy foods but emotions don’t stop me from eating an entire jar of almond butter with a blueberry jam chaser. Some days are bad. I have some STOP signs on the fridge to help me think before I inhale the first thing in sight.
This little guy is so funny I usually laugh. Looks very similar to Leo when he needs a hair cut 🙂
Hungry doesn’t work?… My Weight Watcher leader Ann lives on my fridge reminding me to think before I eat.
That finger is often enough to make me rethink my choices. Physically hungry, I’ll eat…Emotional hunger require a walk or talk or nap.
The final reminder food is not the answer to problems… My Operation Beautiful note to myself.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Rest and Relax. Who knew doing nothing could be so relaxing? I did a lot of blogging stuff this week but vacation was the recharge my batteries needed to make it through the next few months.
- Read! I lived in a House on Riverton this week. 🙂 I finished it and was amazed. I also started a new non-fiction one. Now to hit the library for some more fiction.
- Explore fun little towns. I managed to drag Hunni off the couch with the dogs to explore Middletown and a park. That is the highlight of any vacation. Exploring like Lewis & Clark.
- Keep up with blogging. Success! I lived on wi-fi at Panera and Whole Foods this week. This was relaxing to me. Hunni enjoyed it as well so he could watch random monster movies and take big naps 😀
This Week’s Goals:
- Get my butt in order. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas for The Salvation Army. We start planning now. So I need to get my work butt in gear as well as my blogging butt in gear because I’d miss you all terribly if I didn’t find time. I also think I’d lose my mind…but that’s an entire other story. 🙂
- EXERCISE! Pain in my calf is turning out to be a pain in my butt but not literally. I need to hit the pool starting this week again or I’m going to pull my hair out. Exercise is stress relief and once work starts again there will be lots of stress. GIVE ME MY EXERCISE!!!
- Food! I’m typing this at a coffee shop because we had no food for dinner. Want evidence…
I need to find time in my schedule from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks to go shopping. Otherwise there will be more visits to coffee shops and Subway…and honestly I’m sick of it. I want to COOK!
- Sew my fingers off. A big bonus of vacationing in Connecticut was seeing the family of one of my best friends. Double bonus is I found out when her baby shower is. Cue freak out because it is in 2 weeks and I need to at least finish her baby quilt and hopefully her wedding quilt that is a year overdue. Time to hit the quilting zone.
- Hang out with friends. Friends are so important to my health. I feel more relaxed around them and just me and not me for work. This week is the effort to spend some time with some of them to enjoy being ME!