Easter Momma + Goals
Today was Easter and a great celebration. He is Risen, He is Risen indeed! Our congregation had a great time at SonRise service staring out over the hairpin turn as they started the morning. Then a great breakfast that I sneakily made healthy…they’ll never know I made a Weight Watchers recipe and they gobbled it up. Then service was just amazing and more than I could have asked for. All my worry to make it perfect didn’t matter because even with the flaws it was great.
And Momma had a great Easter too. She was visiting for a few days and showed me something I hadn’t seen in a while…a good long while.
Momma was so proud to be able to wear this outfit. When I was sixteen we used to love going shopping together and I force convinced her to buy this outfit because it looked great on her and was on sale. Then over the years she gained some weight and it sat in the back of her closet. But now that she’s lost over 20 pounds on Weight Watchers she fits in it and wanted to show of her style. The outfit was a perfect complement to all the Easter wear on Sunday. She looked awesome and I was so proud of her.
Last week I had some goals and just wanted to make it through the week without pulling out my hair. I think I accomplished that.
- Spend sometime with friends. Toby and I had a sushi lunch which I loved and so did Hunni since he hates sushi and I beg him to go with me to get it all the time. And I got to show off my killer parallel parking skills in a 12 passenger van. And Hunni and I had a great time with our friend in Hartford when I went to run my Quarter Marathon and getting to know his fiance. I wish we had more time to spend with them.
- Eat 5 out of 7 dinners and 3 out of 7 lunches at home. Okay if I could have flipped these numbers I would have made it. But no such luck. I ended up ordering sushi after we got back from the race yesterday and early Easter morning meals early evening Whole Foods dinner. Better luck next time. At least I tried 🙂
- Pack for race ahead of time. Score for me. I didn’t forget a thing and had a great race. Doesn’t matter that I forgot to wear the sunscreen at the race or that I didn’t even wear my PJ’s since I was so tired. It was all packed to go to Hartford and that’s all that counts.
- Prepare for guests. Hotel Crowsen is open for business And the guests seem pretty comfortable. Sure the air mattress for Momma and MIL has a leak and Hunni’s going to have to spend some quality time in the bathtub with it tomorrow. And I’m almost out of hummus because I forgot my cousins love the stuff. But they are having fun and that’s key.
- Enjoy my race. I enjoyed every second of it. Okay that’s a lie. I wanted to quit after 5K. But by mile 5 I was loving it and thinking forward to my half marathon. Now I’m sore as heck but I loved it!
I’m recovering this week from the race and have family visiting so I’m not making any workout goals. There will be lots of long dog walks but other than that I have no idea. But as for weekly goals:
- Cook healthy meals for visitors. My cousins don’t normally get healthy home cooked meals so I’m going to do my best while they are here for the week. Lots of hummus, veggies and fruit. Even our traveling food to take them home will be subway instead of McDonald’s. Every little bit helps right? And my MIL will be eating with us so I’m hoping she likes my healthy cooking…sometimes kids are easier to convince than adults.
- Pick a training plan for my Half Marathon. After I rest a bit I need to start training for the next race. And I’m going to have to modify anything I pick so I’m working on a plan this week. Philly here I come!
- Lots of family fun. We don’t get to spend too much time with family because of the job so when they come to visit we make a big deal out of it. Movie nights, chalk drawings in the parking lot, baking fun and silliness galore! Bring it on!
- Stick to schedule. There are lots of schedules this week for all we have going on. Cousins visiting, driving long distance to PA to return them home, wedding on Saturday. If we don’t follow schedule things won’t get done. Sure I have some wiggle room but I’m going to do my best to keep on schedule. I love them anyway.
- Yoga stretching. I did stretch before and after the race but man am I sore. I think not planning for the hills on the course gave me a great workout but stretched muscles I forgot I had. So I see some yoga this week to stretch and ease the soreness. Besides my cousins love yoga and will enjoy doing it with me.