Adaptability + Goals
My life was full of changes this week. Some good, some not so good. But I must say that I’m learning to adapt to these changes better. When I first started this blog I titled it It All Changes because I thought it was hilarious that life is constantly changing around me and I don’t like it. So I figured if I poked fun at myself and my lack of willingness to adapt I might become more willing…if that makes any sense.
But suprisingly it has worked better than I thought. I don’t know if it was the fact that I have to be pretty flexible with my job or the good discussions in therapy and with friends but I’ve learned not to loathe the change. Notice I didn’t say I like change… I just slightly detest it 🙂 I still like to know what’s going on and have things be predictable but I’m okay if they do change because I’ve learned they are going to whehter I like it or not.
So this week when some things came up my workouts got a nice little change to the schedule. I did get in the workouts but not in the exact order I’d planned. I guess having a plan in the first place pushed me to get them in even if they weren’t the exact ones I’d planned for. Here is the way this week ended up. What I got accomplished is struck out, what I changed is in italics.
Monday- Wii Active, Couch to 10K run, PT Exercises
- Tuesday- Calorie Scorcher, Full body Lower body pyramid
- Wednesday- Couch to 10K run, Wii Active
- Thursday- Wii Active, 30 minute circuit, Couch to 10K run, Upper Body Superset, 45 minute walk
- Friday- Couch to 10K run, PT exercises, Wii Active
- Saturday- Calorie Scorcher, Couch to 10K run, Wii active,Full Body Pyramid
- Sunday- Wii Active, Elliptical Intervals
For next week here you go with the details of what I hope to do but will adapt if needed.
- Monday- Wii Active, Couch to 10K run, Full body Pyramid
- Tuesday- Elliptical Intervals (Hills), Wii Active, Yoga for Runners
- Wednesday- Couch to 10K run, 30 minute circuit
- Thursday- Couch to 10K Run, upper body super sets, lower body super sets, Wii Active
- Friday- Calorie Scorcher, Wii Active
- Saturday- Wii Active, Hill Run, Yoga for runners
- Sunday- Walk, PT exercises
Also I’m looking into training plans for my half marathon. I’m doing great with the 10K but don’t know how I’m going to train for the half marathon and keep my back and hips healthy. I don’t really want to run more than 3, max 4, times a week and I don’t want to have to do speed work or anything for my first. I’m just interested in finishing. Anyone have any ideas?
And I think I rocked out my goals for the week too. I kept checking back at them and making sure I could get them done. In case you forgot here they are…
- Change up breakfast. I did try some new oatmeal creations this week and did have to give into my Luna Bar habit for a day or two. But I tried some other stuff like AB&J toast and eggs. So I think this was a big two thumbs up. I enjoyed not having the same thing even if I did have it a few times this week. It just wasn’t the same thing two days in a row and I enjoyed that.
- Stick to training plan. While I didn’t do it perfectly I didn’t say screw it when things came up. I beat my Activity Point total for all of January with this week’s training added in. And the soreness in my hips from lack of movement is gone. Sure I have soreness from all the jump squats and lunges that crazy Wii trainer Bob is making me do but that’s a much better feeling.
- Catch up on LOST. I did it! Hunni figured out for me that htey repeat the previous week’s episode withlittle helps before the new episode. So I caught up on last week’s episode and Sarah and I made a girl’s night for each week to watch the old episode with the cheats to help us feed our LOST addiction :_)
- Date Night! Okay so soy cheese may not be that bad. Being Valentine’s Day we were looking for a date kind of movie and hit up the matinee on Saturday to avoid all the sappy people on Sunday. We spent Sunday at home for a second date night enjoying another movie from Netflix. Perfectly romantic in my book 🙂
- Plan vacation. No definite plans for vacation but Hunni and I are making the best of our days off. Saturday was our Valentine’s Day and today I am taking a trip with Sarah to the mecca of fun food stores (Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods). We have tentative plans to visit with a friend in Hartford after our 10K and maybe finish number 88. Our major vacations are being scheduled to go to weddings again and for the half marathon in Philly. But no definite plans. Need to keep working on this and get my toned little hiney out of town.
New goals need to be a bit more challenging perhaps or just a bit different since I’ve had two really good weeks. But I don’t want to jinx myself and set them too high so here we go.
- Craigslist. Nope I’m not buying I’m selling. I’ve got some things that Hunni and I want to sell quickly and everyone talks about how easy it is to sell on Craigslist so I need to figure this bad boy out and get this junk precious stuff out of my house. I’ve got a back chair massager thingie, wedding dress and a few other random stuff I just need to get out to get rid of some of the clutter.
- Register for our 10K. So far I’ve been training for a race that I’m not even registered for. But this week is pay-day and Hunni and I agreed to register for the race this pay period. So like it or not I’m signing us up so we have no excuse not to train for it. Now to get my butt on the treadmill and eventually outside.
- Send some real cards. I have a stack of them and some great friends. I love real mail and want to send some real cards out to some real nice people….really. I think they deserve it and it will give me something to do in the office on some boring days this week.
- Finish my book. I have been reading Jillian Michael’s Master your metabolism. While it’s not as interesting a read as Michael Pollan’s In Defense of Food I want to finish it because it is interesting. Boring office days are perfect for this instead of rechecking google reader to see if people have posted new blog posts.
- Take more pictures. I need some new pictures of Peanut and Leo and Hunni and me. I’m going to make some time to take some great pictures to ejoy. And I want to be a dork and take random pictures. Hunni is going to hate me for taking pictures all the time this week but our children and grandchildren will thank me someday. Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself 🙂