Organics + Goals
ne of my New Years Resolutions is to eat more local and organic foods. But I really have this saving money mindset that always gets in the way. I know that it’s better for me and for the environment but I often opt for the cheaper stuff most of the time. My brain just can’t reconcile my wants to eat healthy with my wants eat cheap. Same dilemma people have about buying healthy food versus eating off the dollar menu.
Well Saturday I decided to make an effort to fight the cheap part of my brain and feed it some healthy organics. I didn’t need many groceries this week so I took the opportunity buy organics when at all possible. Look at my loot.
I must say its freaking hard to buy organics in my area. The section for organics in the two stores I shop at is little to non-existent. But I did manage to get some baby carrots, apples, pears and leeks (for an awesome recipe I want to this week). And I got this lovely too in the healthy section…
Yep I got Hunny Bunnies for Hunni and I too share. Too corny not to pass up. But after I purchased my groceries I felt great. It wasn’t super expensive and I felt good about choices. But if only I hadn’t left the reusable grocery bags in the van. Ooops. I’ll do better next time.
Now onto the goals part of Monday…
Last Week’s Goals
- Unplug each night for one hour. I didn’t read but I did unplug. Some was time with Hunni and some was time just for me. But it was all well worth it and I will be keeping this up.
- Eat all meals at home. Oops…Thursday was crazy and I didn’t get a chance to put the meal in the crock pot at lunch. It was either eat Subway or not eat. And I like to eat so Subway it was. And then yesterday I went out with friends in celebration. So sue me. It was better than the last few weeks.
- 30 minute cleaning session each night. Hunni vetoed this one. Cleaning is his thing since I do most of the office work. So while I was slaving away in the office on Thursday, he slaved over the vacuum and got dish pan hands. I’m super happy though because the goal was a clean house and it looks great!
- Make appointments. Check, Check, Check! Peanut got her puppy spa day, the van is schedule for repairs, Hunni got his x-ray and I have my doctor’s appointments all set.
- Gym 4 days this week. I got there 4 days alright. And I ran 3 of the 4 times. I was stoked to reignite my fire for the gym.
- Start on wedding quilts. No go. I thought about them but thinking is all that happened. Hunni did clean the back room though and I am going to set up my sewing room there. It will help with the unplugging since its in the back room and I can listen to books on CD while doing it.
This Week’s Goals
- Enjoy my birthday! Yep my birthday is tomorrow and I’m going to enjoy it. I have to work but I’m still going to enjoy it. Hunni booked me a massage (okay I booked it but he paid) and we are having a quick and easy dinner. And I bought a nice treat today for me for my birthday. Happy 12th of January to me.
- Read for 1hour a day. I have so many books I want to read and just bought a new one. I need to read them and actually use my library card. I love reading but think I have no time. So I’m going to continue to unplug for an hour and use it for reading. Okay Thursday might be hard and listening to book on CD might be the only reading that is done but it will still be done. I miss being well read.
- Run 3x this week. I want to use Tina’s hill workout again and then do two regular runs. I am doing this in prep for my 10K training I’m beginning next week.
- Do yoga 2x. I loved doing it this past week as part of a weight watcher’s challenge so I want to do it again this week too. And with the running I’ll needing some runners lunges. Gotta keep these hips loose since my back doesn’t move.
- Do PT exercises 2x. I need to do this and I miss it. Pushing myself to get back into the habit is important. I have them scheduled for specific days so that I can get it in with no excuses. Of course I’ll come up with an excuse next week if I miss this but as of now Cynthia will get in her strength training.
So there you have my goals for the week. What are you up to this week?