Being Proud of Me + Goals
Yesterday was just crazy and I didn’t even think about blogging until around 7PM so I decided to just sit back and relax. Instead I just read some blogs and watched a ton of History Channel documentaries with Hunni. I learned a ton about the Kennedy’s and Gangs that I don’t think I would ever want to know. Poor Hunni isn’t feeling well so he and the puppers are in the same positions I showed on Saturday. **Edit: Hunni and I just got back from the ER and he has really bad stomach bug. They gave him two litres of fluids and lots of happy drugs. Now he’s passed out in bed with the puppers.**
On Saturday I also mentioned that my Weight Watchers meeting was about celebrating the small victories that aren’t always weight related. So I thought this would make a great idea for a post because we should all celebrate the little things and not just the number on the scale. Because sometimes that sucker lies and says we’ve gain when we just had a bit too much soy sauce with our sushi 🙂
So here are the things I’m proud of that I’ve done:
- I’ve put workouts into my busy schedule even if they don’t always get accomplished. Heck sometimes just having them planned gets me out instead of thinking I’ll get around to it if I have time. I’m no workout guru but I do my best to get in the gym when possible.
- I’ve planned healthy meals for me and my family. Sometimes its just Hunni and I and sometimes it includes my cousins or my entire congregation. But I try to make them as healthy as possible even if I’m sneaky and don’t tell them its healthy….shhhh you won’t tell either will you.
- I go to my Weight Watchers meetings and get on the scale even when I know I’ve gained. Sometimes I have that “knowledge” but I actually lost and sometimes I’m dead on. But I go and weigh in because it gives me a starting point for the new week. Not weighing in would be like telling myself it doesn’t count because it’s not in my book. I weigh what I weigh and it is what it is. Just move forward.
- I count my points both the good and the bad. This kind of is helped along with my OCD because I feel compelled to record it all but I don’t skip out on recording the pound of fudge I’ve eaten in the past week or the 10 Christmas cookies I scarfed in a moment of weakness and then paid for later with stomach pains. But I wrote them down so that counts for something.
- I find pleasure in finding new ways to get in exercise for fun. If I’m only getting a few groceries I carry them in my arms or in a basket instead of pushing a cart. I carry the groceries up the stairs one at a time. I walk downtown to do errands or to the gym in decent weather. I’m looking into buying snow shoes for Hunni and I to use this winter. I bought carpet skates to use for fun and do my PT exercises at home. Hunni and I take long walks with the puppers for quality time instead of just sitting in front of the TV or going to the movies.
Being proud of all the little things you do is just as important if not more so than the weight you lose. It’s those little things that add up to the weight loss anyway.
And on to last week’s goals and the goals for this week.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Date night!!!! PF Changs was wonderful. Hunni and I went to the mall after our meeting and walked around for a bit and bought some books we were looking for and a copy of Real Simple Magazine I’m really looking forward to reading (it’s about saving money).
- Workout twice at the gym. I got to the gym on Tuesday to my surprise because Hunni and I wanted to blow off some steam and Hunni didn’t have to stand kettles all day. Then I went early Christmas Eve before standing kettles and having meetings. And then to add a little icing to the cake I went on Saturday after my Weight Watchers meeting.
- Cook 3 dinners at home. Technically I accomplished this. I did eat at home 3 days this week but one was leftovers and not the food I had planned. Not exactly what I had in mind when I set the goal but my body completely appreciated the effort 😀
- SLEEP! I slept until 11am on Christmas Day. My body loved the rest but it really screwed with my head because I was expecting to have a full day and I had slept half of it away. Saturday I got up early for Weight Watchers per my normal but took a little nap later. Then Sunday I slept in because I didn’t feel well. I may be getting whatever Hunni has.
- Yoga 2x. I was bound and determined to get this in so Sunday after running around returning and shopping I did this and my PT exercises. I also did it once with Hunni to help him stretch his back earlier in the week. He’d been having some back pain so it helped him and he was the comic relief as always when we do yoga.
- PT exercises 2x. Saturday I got in my PT exercises at the gym I could remember (I got most of them since I checked when I got home) and then again on Sunday post shopping and prior to the above yoga. My hips really needed it and I am reminded I really need to do this.
This week’s goals:
- Only do necessary work tasks this week. Hunni and I are taking a vacation this week but not going anywhere (I abhor the term staycation and refuse to use it for this week). I have a few tasks that have to get done vacation or not (church stuff, food pantry order, New Year’s Eve service). But other than that I really want to avoid work tasks and actually enjoy my time off. So Hunni and I have some mini trips planned in order to get away from the work. I have a doctor’s appointment this afternoon. We are going to the mall Tuesday to see Alvin and the Chipmunks and have lunch. Wednesday we have to make a work trip to Boston to pick up something but we are going to make it fun by having lunch with a friend (I hope) and then going shopping for some groceries at Trader Joes. Thursday we have a meeting and out New Year’s service but it is actually a movie with a devotional so that will be fun. Friday I don’t know what we are doing but it isn’t going to be work if I can help it. And Saturday I have WW with my Momma who will be visiting (starting Thursday) and then the three of us are going to WICKED at Proctors. We are so excited.
- Plan out workouts for January. I’m going to work on my google calendar sometime today to plan out workouts. Since I have the time I want to get them in. I missed the routine and I need to get back to it.
- Do strength training 2 days this week. This may be PT exercises or my old exercises from my trainer. I know my body needs them since my back is getting sore which means my abs are not as strong as they were a few months ago.
- Plan budget for January. I just couldn’t get it together to plan a budget in the midst of the craziness. But now I am determined to have it for January. So I’m thinking that this will be one of the tasks I will do that is not work related this week. I’m excited and want to be on track. And I really want to read that Real Simple Magazine to figure out how I can save some money in other ways.
- Enjoy the night out with my Momma and Hunni. We’re going to the matinée of Wicked on Saturday and then to dinner. I’ve already picked the restaurant and know the healthy options there. I just want to sit back and enjoy the time and not worry about what I’m eating. I reset my points on Saturday so even if I go a bit overboard it won’t be a big deal. I want to not stress out about the day and just enjoy it.
I’m just so happy to be back to normal and enjoy planning goals for the week. I’m looking forward to a week of rest and just be back to normal. Let’s have a good week.