Setting new Goals
For so long my main goal has been to get to 155 as my goal weight. Then recently I changed it to 165 and now I’ve actually reached that. I have 6 weeks to maintain my weight and then I’m a lifetime member for Weight Watchers. So now I really need to set new goals. I wanted to think and set some big new goals and then some little ones. I’m probably going to be overly ambitious on the big end and probably even on the small end but I like a strong push or shove to do what I know I need to do keep on a healthy lifestyle.
- I wrote a post (this one) about races I’m going to run. I’ve put them on my calendar and started to plan for vacation for the Philly Race. Hunni isn’t going to run the half-marathon with me but he will probably run the 10K. Either way those are huge fitness goals for me and I’m super excited because I am totally addicted to running.
- I want to be able to practice yoga 3 days a week. I need to push myself and schedule it but I know that I enjoy and feel better when I do it. I feel all nice and bendy and twisty.
than Jalapeno on a Stick.
- I want to train my abs. I would love the washboard look but the loose skin isn’t going to tighten magically. No elastic left there. But I do want strong abs that may help me be able to not wear my back brace.
- I want to save enough money that I can purchase some yoga sessions at the studio instead of always in my living room. Peanut and Leo just don’t know how to help me get proper posture.
- I want to be able to do the dancer pose without holding onto the wall.
It is a huge goal of mine. I will never dance because this girl has no rhythm but I want to look graceful when I do yoga and the dancer pose says that to me.
Okay now the baby steps:
On of the blogs I’ve just found lately is Kara’s Marathon. She has lost a great amount of weight and is doing the NYC 2010 Marathon. I’m super jealous…Enter the green-eyed monster. But anyway she posts on her blog what her weekly goals are. I think this is amazing because for some reason I feel more accountable to all you lovely readers than I do just to my own to-do list. So my baby steps are to post my weekly baby steps here for y’all on Monday. I want to make them not only fitness goals but healthy eating and life in general goals. And then the following week I’ll update everyone on how I did. I think it will push me better to have to own up to it. So here goes my itty bitty baby steps…
- Gym 3 times. In regular times I go almost every day. But now with Kettles I think 3 times a week is good. I went tonight so that’s one down.
- Run 3 times this week. PT Boot camp Steve told me before he will discharge me from PT I have to get in some good runs to make sure I don’t have pain. So today I ran for 20 minutes and I’m running the Turkey Trot locally on Thanksgiving morning and one other day this week. I’ll be happy getting high….runner’s high… again.
- Yoga 2 times this week. I downloaded yoga for runners from yogadownload.com and it is really good for my hips and stretching. So I want to do it at least twice preferably after running.
- Hang at least one set of pictures. I finally bought a lot of frames for pictures to hang up in our apartment and actually make it feel like home. So I need to sort them and pick places to hang them. Then I get to take my frustrations out and bang holes nails into the wall.
- Buy last Christmas Presents. I have to be super organized and get presents early. But now Hunni went and bought me a gift to be all sweet so I need to get him something too. And I have force myself to not go peeking for mine. Lucky for me neither of us can keep presents very long since we bug the crap out of each other for them so we’ll have Christmas a little early 🙂
- Organize personal finances. I have a mvelopes membership and I haven’t updated it in a long time. No wonder I don’t have much money in savings right now. My goal this week is to input all my old bank statements and create a budget for December. I do much better with a budget and I haven’t been using one all month. ooops.
So there you have it. The little and big things I want to do to keep me going. I’m sure I’ll think of some more as I accomplish these things. But I needed to get them out there. If not I’d feel okay to lax up and not work as hard as I have to lose the weight. I need to keep going because it’s a journey… a long one to get to this weight and to stay healthy and happy 🙂